Monday, August 1, 2011

meet me in montauk

'eternal sunshine of the spotless mind' is one of my all-time favorite movies, without a doubt. last week i had the great pleasure of watching it with a few of my friends, which just reinforced the fact that i am happily obsessed with this movie. here's just a few tid bits...



Joel: [in the house on the beach] I really should go! I've gotta catch my ride. 
Clementine: So go. 
Joel: I did. I thought maybe you were a nut... but you were exciting. 
Clementine: I wish you had stayed. 
Joel: I wish I had stayed too. NOW I wish I had stayed. I wish I had done a lot of things. I wish I had... I wish I had stayed. I do. 
Clementine: Well I came back downstairs and you were gone! 
Joel: I walked out, I walked out the door! 
Clementine: Why? 
Joel: I don't know. I felt like I was a scared little kid, I was like... it was above my head, I don't know. 
Clementine: You were scared? 
Joel: Yeah. I thought you knew that about me. I ran back to the bonfire, trying to outrun my humiliation.
Clementine: Was it something I said? 
Joel: Yeah, you said "so go." With such disdain, you know? 
Clementine: Oh, I'm sorry. 
Joel: It's okay. 
[Walking Out
Clementine: Joely? What if you stayed this time? 
Joel: I walked out the door. There's no memory left. 
Clementine: Come back and make up a good-bye at least. Let's pretend we had one. 
[Joel comes back
Clementine: Bye Joel. 
Joel: I love you... 
Clementine: Meet me... in Montauk... 


i found this song today thanks to my sweet friend hanna. i think you'll get the reference.


"How happy is the blameless vestal's lot? The world forgetting by the world forgot. Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind, each prayer accepted and each wish resigned." -Alexander Pope




yours,
m. wilson

2 comments:

  1. How I adore that movie too, Mackenzie. It's still one of my all-time favorite roles for Jim Carrey. Sweet and real.

    Thanks so much for stopping by Austin Eavesdropper, woman! I drive to DFW all the time to visit my in-laws. We should split a kolache together at the Czech Stop in West sometime. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. of course! or common grounds for some insanely good coffee.

    ReplyDelete

mm whatcha say?